- Itinerary: Twenty-two days by train in France
- Back from France: Intro to Upcoming Series
- Days 1&2: Bordeaux, Sleep Deprivation, and the Case of the Missing Driver
- Day 3: Saint-Émilion, Wine, and Glimpses of Heaven
- The Arguing Old Couple. “Il est trés fou!”
- Day 4: A Travel Buddy in Amboise
- Day 5: Chateau Amboise and Solo Travel Revelations
- Day 6: Being Lazy in Amboise
- Day 7: Chateaux of the Loire Valley
- Amboise and Rude Americans
- Day 8: Dark Alleys and Fear in Sarlat-la-Canéda
- Solo Travel: Crushing Loneliness
- Day 9: Touring Les Plus Beaux Villages de Dordogne
- Day 10: An Evening of Tears in Carcassonne
- Day 11: Arles and Falling in Love
- Day 12: Gender Normative Behavior in Arles
- Day 12: Roman Ruins, Van Gogh, and Body Positivity in Arles
- Day 13: Catcalls and a Lost Reservation in Nice
- Day 13: There’s No Cerveza on this French Menu!
- Day 14: The Beauty of Nice
- Day 15: Eeeezeeee Does It At Éze Village
- Day 16: Wishing for Longer in Lyon
- Day 17: Getting To Chamonix-Mont-Blanc By Train Is Not For The Weak
- Day 18: L’Aiguille du Midi
- Day 19: Annecy
I am back from France.
It was, as promised, twenty-two days, all by train, covering nine different destinations.
The weeks leading up to the trip were a mess of anxiety and emotion. I was unable to focus on anything other than simply holding it together; hence the lack of posts during that time period.
Over the next few weeks, though, I’ll post stories and photos from each destination. I’m also using Instagram heavily now, so if you aren’t already following me there, please consider doing so.
View this post on Instagram
@ophorustours conducts a gorgeous Saint-Emilion winery tour. Sadly, I don't know at which winery I took this shot. Any guesses? . If you're a wine lover, I highly recommend checking out Ophorus Tours when you're in France. I did the Saint-Emilion Wine Tour, Villages of the Dordogne, and a tour of Loire Valley chateaux… and wish I'd booked others! . #frenchwine #france #bordeaux #winery #bordeauxwine . #solofemaletraveler #travel #solotravel #wanderlust #travelgram #travelphotography #solotraveler #solofemaletraveller #solotraveller #travelblogger #instatravel #photooftheday #nature #solofemaletravel #sheisnotlost #traveltheworld #explore #girlswhotravel
For now, here’s something I wrote before I left. It was not an easy time!
Packing test run: done. Anxiety levels: soothed. Not shown: Oliver proving there’s enough empty space left for him to fit in the pack should I choose to bring him along. (I won’t.)
My current level of stress/distractibility:
1. Apparently, the dinner party I was invited to that I thought was tonight was last night. Oops.
2. Couldn’t find the trimmers for the cat’s claws. I found them with in with my manicure supplies. Must have put them in there while I was tidying up earlier this week.
I guess on some level I can understand the logic on that one?
3. Such is not the case with how long it took me to remember how to work my own shower yesterday morning, though.
4. I either applied deodorant three times this morning or not at all. I have no idea which is accurate.
This has been an interesting week.
I leave on Monday. I have been beyond stressed out for weeks.
Simultaneously, though, I realize this is an incredibly cool and courageous thing that I’m doing, and I’m excited as hell.
Let’s do this.