- Itinerary: Twenty-two days by train in France
- Back from France: Intro to Upcoming Series
- Days 1&2: Bordeaux, Sleep Deprivation, and the Case of the Missing Driver
- Day 3: Saint-Émilion, Wine, and Glimpses of Heaven
- The Arguing Old Couple. “Il est trés fou!”
- Day 4: A Travel Buddy in Amboise
- Day 5: Chateau Amboise and Solo Travel Revelations
- Day 6: Being Lazy in Amboise
- Day 7: Chateaux of the Loire Valley
- Amboise and Rude Americans
- Day 8: Dark Alleys and Fear in Sarlat-la-Canéda
- Solo Travel: Crushing Loneliness
- Day 9: Touring Les Plus Beaux Villages de Dordogne
- Day 10: An Evening of Tears in Carcassonne
- Day 11: Arles and Falling in Love
- Day 12: Gender Normative Behavior in Arles
- Day 12: Roman Ruins, Van Gogh, and Body Positivity in Arles
- Day 13: Catcalls and a Lost Reservation in Nice
- Day 13: There’s No Cerveza on this French Menu!
- Day 14: The Beauty of Nice
- Day 15: Eeeezeeee Does It At Éze Village
- Day 16: Wishing for Longer in Lyon
- Day 17: Getting To Chamonix-Mont-Blanc By Train Is Not For The Weak
- Day 18: L’Aiguille du Midi
- Day 19: Annecy
Enjoyed a lovely breakfast with Travel Buddy before he left for London. The main topic of conversation? Sketching out a trip to Spain and Portugal for next year.
Living in the moment is hard! 😂
I’m doing my best here, but it is REALLY hard to wander through Amboise early in the day and not get “Belle” from Beauty and the Beast stuck in your head. Dammit, I’m only human.
If you are in a town in France that even remotely resembles the poor provincial town in Beauty in the Beast, you have to walk around with “Belle” stuck in your head. I just follow the rules. And, obviously, that isn’t a rule I made up myself right at this moment. Nope. Of course not.
After saying goodbye to Travel Buddy I wandered around town a bit. It was raining a little and I was feeling a bit low on energy. I found a spot where I could curl up with a book and people watch. It was quite cozy and I happily stayed there most of the day.
Thus, I don’t have much to include in today’s post. It was a gorgeously lazy day. I did snap a couple of photos, though, which you’ll see below.
First, though… Strawberries served in a bowl of red wine with a chocolate whipped cream are still healthy, right? Asking for a friend. (That friend is me. I’m the friend.)